- Designed for quick addition to embedded systems such as smart home devices, fitness trackers, wearable medical devices, telematics and industrial automation sensors
- Includes 4MB of internal flash memory, enterprise-grade security, and support for a wide range of peripherals (SDIO, SPI, UART, ADC, PWM, GPIO, I2S, I2C, USB)
LONDON, Jan. 26, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Telit, a global Internet of Things (IoT) enabler, today announced the WE310G4 module, which enables device vendors to add dual-band Wi-Fi and the Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) 5.0 connectivity fast and economical to their products. Based on the Realtek Ameba System-on-Chip (SoC), the WE310G4 is ideal for a wide variety of embedded devices, including smart lighting, home appliances, wearable medical devices, smart city sensors, telematics of spare parts and industrial robots. For more information, visit https://contact.telit.com/iot-wifi-modules.
the Telit WE310G4 is ideal for vendors with limited Wi-Fi or BLE expertise, as well as those with extensive RF experience who want to reduce time to market for new products. The module is IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n and Bluetooth certified, and complies with all Wi-Fi Alliance and Bluetooth SIG-v5 requirements, eliminating the time and expense of testing and certification.
The WE310G4 provides device vendors with a low-cost, high-speed serial-to-Wi-Fi/BLE connection to an embedded 8/16/32-bit MCU-based design. Additionally, the module can be implemented as a hostless solution offering up to 456 KB of SRAM dedicated to customer application development. With marketing samples available in February 2022, the module includes a full set of features and capabilities:
- Integrated dual-core SoC, a high-performance application processor (running on ARM Cortex-M33) and a low-power microcontroller (ARM Cortex-M23) for Wi-Fi and BLE.
- Support for a wide range of peripherals: SDIO, SPI, UART, ADC, PWM, GPIO, I2S, I2C and USB.
- Low power consumption to maximize battery life.
- Industrial grade temperature range (-40°C to +85°C).
- Standalone with full Wi-Fi, BLE and TCP/IP network stacks.
- A full suite of advanced security features, including Secured Boot, TrustZone for Cortex-M, WPA3 personal and enterprise security modesas well as higher layer security protocols such as TLS-1.3/SSL and HTTPS.
- Hosted Serial-Wi-Fi implementation.
- Telit IoT AppZone IDE for developing hostless applications.
- Pin-to-pin compatible with the Telit WE310F5 (single-band module), enabling rapid migration of existing hardware and software to the WE310G4.
- Available with (WE310G4-I) and without (WE310G4-P) antenna.
“Ultra-low power consumption, small size and high security are essential for modules integrating into the global IoT ecosystem,” said Yee-Wei Huang, Vice President and Spokesperson of Realtek. “While the IoT market offers a wide range of small modules, none compare to Telit’s WE310G4 when it comes to quickly and cost-effectively adding dual-band Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity. to their customer products. Combined with Realtek Ameba SoC, the WE310G4 is the perfect solution for home, medical and industrial IoT applications.
“The new Telit WE310G4 module offers vendors a quick and easy way to add Wi-Fi or BLE to their products, even if they have little or no in-house RF expertise,” said Manish. Watwani, director of marketing and products at Telit. “It’s ideal for vendors who want to develop wearables, IoT sensors, and other products with enterprise-grade security, long battery life, and other market-differentiating features, and then put them on the market. in the hands of customers before their competitors do.”
Engineering samples of the WE310G4 will be available in Q2, with mass production expected to begin in Q3 2022.
Telit simplifies the integration of connected “things” with a portfolio of enterprise-grade wireless communication and positioning modules; cellular MVNO connectivity plans and management services; edge and cloud software; and data orchestration, IoT and industrial IoT platforms. With over two decades of pioneering experience in IoT innovation, Telit provides integrated, secure and award-winning IoT solutions for many of the world’s largest enterprises, OEMs, system integrators and service providers, so that they can connect and manage the IoT at any scale.